Annual Introductory Training
CDVCA offers a full-day introductory training workshop once a year in conjunction with the Annual Conference. This introductory workshop provides a comprehensive overview of the community development venture capital (CDVC) industry. Participants will hear experienced CDVC practitioners discuss the unique challenges of organizing, structuring, raising and managing a CDVC fund. You will meet fellow community development practitioners, finance professionals, policy makers and others who are interested in using venture capital tools in innovative ways to benefit distressed communities and low-income individuals.
This workshop is a must-attend if you
- â–¶Work with a CDVC fund;
- â–¶Are thinking about starting a CDVC fund;
- â–¶Work in the field of community development finance or economic development;
- â–¶Provide capital and other resources to CDVC funds or other community development financial institutions; or
- â–¶Want to learn more about the CDVC industry