New CDVCA Website Coming Soon!
CDVCA holds a Peer Group Meeting each year for experienced managers of CDVC funds. The two-day Peer Group Meeting is an invitation-only event that brings together active investors for peer exchange, collaborative learning and networking.
The Peer Group Meeting sessions have a simple, but valuable format. At the beginning of the meeting we spend an hour as a group building an agenda for the rest of the afternoon. Topics in the past have ranged from the practical, such as specific methods to generate deal flow, to bigger picture issues, such as ways to position the industry for future growth.
We also ask those participants who wish to do so, to bring a problem or an issue they are currently grappling with and would like to share with the group. At several points during the meeting, these issues are addressed in a capacity that allows group feedback and constructive solutions. The Peer Group Meeting is a chance to learn from peers and experts in the best collaborative setting.
Please sign up for emails, follow us on Linkedin or email us at email@example.com for further information
The 2022 CDVCA Peer Group Meeting – December 5th through 7th, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Tickets available now – CDVCA Peer Group Meeting Tickets
Event Details and Schedule
- In addition to the regularly-scheduled Peer Group meeting, which ends with lunch on Wednesday the 7th, we have arranged for a sunset cruise on Wednesday evening. This follows a 25-year tradition of boat rides associated with Peer Group meetings. Please let us know if you are interested in joining us for this extra activity, for which there will be an additional charge of $100. We will leave the hotel at 5 pm and the cruise ends at 7:30 pm. There are only 15 spots available for the cruise, so please let me know ASAP if you would like to join us. Significant others are invited to join the Peer Group for meals (but not meetings), and they are invited to the cruise as well.
- Please note that, in addition to registering for the event with CDVCA, if you wish to stay at the El Convento, you must make your own reservations with the hotel at 787-722-4910. Please say you are with the CDVCA Group to get the special group rate. Note, You may also extend your stay by two days before and after the meeting and receive the group rate.
- The Peer Group meeting begins with dinner on Monday evening, December 5th, and the meeting itself begins on the morning of the 6th, so please make sure you arrive in Puerto Rico by the afternoon of the 5th. Please confirm your attendance at the December 5th kickoff dinner.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary needs or restrictions.
- Bios and fund profiles. A valuable aspect of the Peer Group meeting is learning about and networking with your peers. To facilitate this, we will assemble a booklet with bios and a profile photo of participants and profiles of their funds. We will send you templates in a separate email shortly. Please respond promptly, as we will need to get this booklet to the printer in advance of the meeting.
- As described in our prior email, the agenda for the Peer Group meeting is set by participants, with the help of our facilitator, at the beginning of the meeting. Please give some advance thought to topics you would like to discuss; though not required, we welcome an email with some ideas to give our facilitator a head start in planning the meeting. If there is a question or problem you would like to share with the group to solicit advice (or consolation)—such as a question about structuring a fund or investment, a problem with a portfolio company, or difficulties with an exit—please feel free to raise such individual issues with the group, and others will certainly learn from your experience.
- Please let me know if you know of any current or emerging CDVC fund managers who you think would benefit from attending the Peer Group meeting, and I will send them a quick invite.
- Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
The CDVCA Peer Group Meeting Agenda.
Monday December 5th.
- 7pm Kickoff and networking Dinner (Location TBD)
Tuesday December 6th.
- 8.30am to 12.30 Peer Meeting
- 12.30 to 1.30 Lunch
- 1.30 to 5.30 Peer Meeting
- 5.30 to 7pm Networking
- 7pm to 9pm Dinner (Location TBD)
Wednesday December 7th
- 8.30am to 1pm Peer Meeting
- 1 to 2pm Lunch
- 2 to 5pm Networking
- 5 to 7.30pm Sunset Cruise (Optional)