New CDVCA Website Coming Summer 2022
ANALYST POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT (NYC or Remote) – April 2022
CDVCA is seeking an Analyst. The Analyst’s primary responsibility will be assisting in the management of existing and growing investment portfolios. The Analyst will gather, analyze, and present data and other information regarding the financial returns and social impact of CDVCA’s investment portfolios. The Analyst will have opportunities to participate in all stages of the investment process and become involved in broader CDVCA activities.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Analyze and compile financial and impact data for internal and external reporting
• Participate in and support all aspects of the CDVCA investment team, with a focus on fund
performance and measurement, as well as investment screening, analysis, and presentation
• Support in pipeline development and tracking for prospective investments
• Participate in investment analysis; manage investment closing requirements and processes
• Participate in evaluating, structuring, and closing new investments
• Collaborate with internal (CDVCA management and accounting) and external (banks, investment
partners, fund managers, entrepreneurs) constituents
• Provide support to CDVCA staff on project-specific data analysis
• Support CDVCA programs as requested and necessary
• Knowledge of and familiarity with investment analysis, financial accounting, and/or corporate
• Proficiency in data collection and analysis
• A flair for statistics and data manipulation
• Demonstrated success working simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, with both internal
and external parties, to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
• Experience working effectively, both autonomously and in a small team environment
• Understanding of and interest in community development, social impact and/or impact
• Extensive experience and skills using Microsoft Excel; proficiency with the other software in the
Microsoft 365 suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
• Two or more years’ experience in a high performing team working in finance, business
administration or related field
• MBA preferred, graduate degree, or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
CDVCA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports,
inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service
status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please address cover letter and resume to Alexandria Harris and email to email@example.com with Analyst in the subject line. Projected start May/June 2022
Volunteer for CDVCA:
CDVCA aims to encourage interest in the industry and give volunteers a chance to help our cause. There are various ways you can volunteer with CDVCA from smaller, but significant, work to more substantial assignments. We will try to work with volunteers so that they can have a meaningful experience with the organization and an introduction to the industry.
If you would like to discuss opportunities to volunteer with CDVCA, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Human capital is one of the most pressing issues facing the field of community development venture capital. CDVCA wants to connect individuals interested in using sophisticated financial tools to create social change with growing organizations seeking talented, dedicated staff members.
If you are a member or supporter of CDVCA and you want to post a job opening or link to your job board, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in a job in community development or impact investing, preview the links below:
Other Impact Organizations
Next Billion: https://nextbillion.net/jobs/
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN): https://ofn.org/job-bank
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN): https://jobs.thegiin.org/